The ship design had a bulbous center section, with gun batteries covering the front, sides and stern, seven thrusters located on a ventral tower and a command tower on the dorsal side. Lining the sides of each ship were several hangars. In addition, at least one hangar was located on the dorsal hull, facing the "valley" in the middle of the craft. The Capital Ship followed the Republic color scheme with red stripes on white hulls.
The ship class served as the heaviest and most powerful warship in the Republic fleet, allowing it to match the Harrower-class dreadnought in terms of size and firepower but it was only armored where needed, allowing it to be faster and more agile than the Harrower. These usually served as flagships of the Republic Fleet in charge of planetary defense against Imperial attacks and hitting Imperial assets across the galaxy.
Several of these ships were involved in fighting during the Great Galactic War, as part of a task force that attacked Korriban. They later saw combat in the following Cold War. Jedi Master Oteg served on board one of these vessels and directed a group of Republic adventurers from the ship during a raid on the Imperial compound of Taral V. One of these ships was named after Jedi Master Belth Allusis, a hero of the Great Galactic War.
During the Cold War, at least one of these ships, the Telos, flagship of the First Expeditionary Fleet was part of the Republic task force to rescue Jedi Master Revan from the Maelstrom Prison along with a Republic strike team. After Revan's release at least two of these ships were part of the Republic blockade protecting the Foundry from Imperial attack until the Emperor ordered an attack on the space station.
During the Galactic War, a Valor-class named the Valiant commanded by Admiral Dabrin served as the Republic flagship, being captured by Imperial forces led by Jedi Master Warren Sedoru who had been turned into the Emperor's slave. Along with the knowledge of Republic tactics and fleet positions, the Empire made the Valiant into an unstoppable weapon that could cripple the Republic Fleet. The Jedi Knight along with allies boarded the flagship and defeated the fallen Jedi as well as saving Admiral Dabrin.
During the renewed conflict between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic many Valor-class warships were deployed against the Empire in several battlefields including Corellia, Ilum and in several schisms as well as the Republic redoubled its efforts to defeat the Sith Empire. A number of these warships would also go on to do what was believed impossible by assaulting the Imperial Capital itself.
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 3: Burn the Future
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- The Old Republic: Annihilation
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ The Old Republic: Annihilation
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 3: Burn the Future
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Taral V Walkthrough on The Old Republic official site
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic