After Zaarin managed to take Emperor Palpatine prisoner from aboard the Star Destroyer Majestic, Zaarin had Palpatine transferred to a Delta-class JV-7 escort shuttle which was tasked with rendezvousing with Zaarin's flagship, Glory.
Hoping to stop the exchange and rescue the Emperor, Lord Darth Vader, along with ace pilot Maarek Stele, deployed from aboard the Vanguard in a TIE/sa bomber assault on the Glory. Taken by surprise, Zaarin was forced to withdraw, and the Vanguard successfully rescued Palpatine.
Behind the scenesEdit
While in the game Star Wars: TIE Fighter Vanguard is an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, it is erroneously classified as a Victory I-class Star Destroyer in TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide.
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8 (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (Mentioned only)
- TIE Fighter: The Official Strategy Guide
- TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia