- "Vanguards focus on short range combat maneuvers that keep them up close and personal. Plus they get all the latest defensive tech—they're like walking fortresses."
- ―Lieutenant Ballard
The Vanguard advanced training program was a training program in the Republic Special Forces Division of the Republic Military. Troopers who underwent the Vanguard program specialized in short-range weapons, such as blaster rifles, and defensive technology.
Behind the scenesEdit
The vanguard is an advanced class for the trooper class in the Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO video game. This advanced class specializes in blaster rifles, defensive shielding, and absorbing damage in combat. The Imperial counterpart for this archetype is the powertech.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne