- "I thought gundarks were only found on Vanqor!"
"Then this system must be Vanqor."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
Vanqor was a crystalline planet located in the Vanqor system of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the gundark species. During the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems established a listening post on this world.
- "Charming place. Delightful fauna."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, on Vanqor
Located in the Vanqor system in the far reaches of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories, Vanqor was a rocky, overcast planet whose surface was marked by smoky crystalline formations. The world had a blue-gray hue when viewed from space and was located six parsecs away from the closest planet, Florrum. It was the homeworld of the gundarks, fierce, aggressive creatures known for their overwhelming strength who inhabited the planet's caves.
- "Our intel indicates that Count Dooku has placed a listening station on Vanqor."
- ―Mace Windu
In the year 22 BBY, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Knight Anakin Skywalker shot down Count Dooku, leader of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, over Vanqor, forcing him to crash-land his ship on the planet's surface. However, their shuttle was also forced down during the ensuing battle. On Vanqor, Dooku abandonded his solar sailer and evaded the Jedi by hiding in a cave filled with gundarks; when they pursued him inside, Dooku used the Force to bring down stalactites, separating the Jedi and buried Skywalker, whose lightsaber Dooku took before leaving the cave and collapsing its entrance. When outside, he was found by Hondo Ohnaka and his gang of pirates, who agreed to take him to Florrum. Although the Jedi emerged unscathed, they were attacked by an angry gundark. While using the Force to build a barricade, the Jedi accidentally opened a fissure and noxious green gas began filling the cavern. As the pair tried to dig their way out of the collapsed opening, the gas began to overwhelm them and they collapsed just as the cavern entrance exploded from outside as Skywalker's Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, and her clone forces blasted the cave open. After the pair exited the cavern, the clones eliminated the gundark by collapsing the entrance once more.
In 21 BBY, an attempt on Jedi Master Mace Windu's life by Boba Fett resulted in the Venator-class Star Destroyer Endurance crashing onto Vanqor. There, its commanding officer, Admiral Kilian, Clone Commander Ponds, and a navigation officer were taken hostage by Fett and his team of bounty hunters, consisting of Aurra Sing, Bossk, and Castas. While Windu and Skywalker were searching the wreckage for survivors, Fett made another attempt on the Jedi Master's life that left both Windu and Skywalker trapped under debris until they were rescued by Jedi Master Plo Koon, Tano, and the 104th Battalion.
Behind the scenesEdit
Vanqor made its first appeared in Star Wars canon in "Dooku Captured," the eleventh episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' first season, which originally aired on January 2, 2009. It was originally created for Jedi Quest: The Moment of Truth, the seventh entry in the Jedi Quest series of younger reader novels written by Jude Watson.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gungan General" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dark Disciple
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Two
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 (Slide 8)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Dark Disciple
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- ↑ Jedi Quest: The Moment of Truth