Varmik was a Hassk thug that was present in Maz Kanata's castle on Takodana thirty years after the Battle of Endor, shortly prior to the castle's destruction by the First Order. He carried a battered VT-33d blaster pistol.
Behind the scenesEdit
Varmik appeared in the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens and was portrayed by the actor Paul Warren. Varmik was created by the artist Ivan Manzella and originally known as "Maz's Castle Alien c069." He is based upon a 1975 cantina alien illustration and an older Chewbacca concept by the artist Ralph McQuarrie. Varmik's name was first confirmed by an official source on the packaging of a POP vinyl toy of the character.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars The Force Awakens Series 1 (Card: Hassk Triplets)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Picture only)