Centuries before the Clone Wars, a tragic poet called Omar Berenko lived there in a community of human and Gungan outsiders. The Naberrie family used it for some time, and Padmé Naberrie often spent summers there before becoming Queen Amidala. Paddy Accu, an old man, took care of the place. At the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker secretly married Padmé Amidala at Varykino.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Varykino scenes were filmed at Villa del Balbianello, on Lake Como, Italy. The interiors, which were sets constructed on a soundstage, were inspired by the basic architecture found in Caserta, where Theed was filmed, but mixed with a softer, personalized style.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders" (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Varykino)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ; image #16 (of 29) (as "lake retreat")