- "We joined an Alliance, not a suicide pact!"
- ―Vasp Vaspar
Vasp Vaspar was a human male politician who represented the Taldot sector in the Imperial Senate. He was also a member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic and served as the Minister of Industry in the Alliance Cabinet, part of the Alliance Civil Government. Though he was risk averse, he was not opposed to armed conflict—but he did not believe the Alliance was capable of destroying the Empire's planet-killing Death Star.
Vasp Vaspar served as the representative of the Taldot sector in the Imperial Senate during the reign of the Galactic Empire. Though a member of the Imperial government, he was a member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic and served in its Civil Government as the Minister of Industry. This made him part of the Alliance Cabinet under the leadership of its Chief of State, Chancellor Mon Mothma.
As Minister of Industry, Vaspar was charged with overseeing the vital yet limited resources of the fledgling Rebel Alliance. As a result of his role, he was more risk-averse than some of his fellow Alliance Cabinet members, though he was not opposed to open conflict with the Empire when warranted. However, when the Alliance learned of the Death Star, an Imperial superweapon capable of destroying entire planets, he did not believe that the Alliance could be successful in an attack against the battle station.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Vasp Vaspar was a character created for the 2016 anthology film, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. In the film, he is played by Swedish-Assyrian actor Fares Fares. The character's repetitive first name was inspired by similar redundancy in the actor's name.
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Rogue One, Part IV
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Vasp)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- ↑ Breznican, Anthony (November 21, 2016). 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' - 15 new photos!. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on November 21, 2016.
- ↑ screenshot) . “p. 51 Senator Vaspar's repetitive first name was inspired by the actor's quite repetitive name. So why not?” (
- Breznican, Anthony (November 21, 2016). 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' - 15 new photos!. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on November 21, 2016. (First identified as Vaspar)