Veccacopia was discovered by the wider galactic community at some point before 44 BBY and was designated a protectorate of the Galactic Republic. Over time, Veccacopia's judicial office grew corrupt, with judges not doing their best at their jobs and convicted Cacops hiring Cacop stand-ins to serve their sentences instead.
Not long after Veccacopia's discovery, the Human male Finis Valorum served as a judge there under frontier conditions, working hard to make a difference in his post. When Valorum learned of the Cacops' deception and the inability of his bailiffs to distinguish between the guilty aliens and the doubles, he broke the corruption ring of the local judicial office by instituting a mandatory retinal scan.
Behind the scenesEdit
Veccacopia was first mentioned in the 2002 reference book The New Essential Guide to Characters, which was authored by Daniel Wallace. The Online Companion to the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Veccacopia system, and therefore the celestial body Veccacopia, in grid square I-19.
- The New Essential Guide to Characters (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("Valorum, Supreme Chancellor Finis")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Veccacopia system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 screenshot) This article assumes the same principle holds true for astronomical objects of non-specified type. (
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 The New Essential Guide to Characters
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Characters states that Veccacopia had been discovered at some point prior to Finis Valorum becoming a Senator. Since The New Essential Chronology establishes Valorum was a Senator by 44 BBY, it can be deduced that the celestial body had been discovered by that date.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas