| Biographical information
|Chronological and political information|
Vedain was a male Kajain'sa'Nikto scout who worked as a skiff pilot for Jabba Desilijic Tiure. His family sold him to Jabba as a slave. Vedain was a gambler, and played sabacc with the other Nikto in Jabba's court. He piloted the sail skiff carrying Jabba's prisoners to be executed at the Great Pit of Carkoon in 4 ABY, and like other skiff guards had no idea of how the tide of the battle would change hands. After Luke Skywalker, one of the prisoners, obtained his lightsaber, Lando Calrissian, who was disguised as a skiff guard himself, attacked Vedain. The two struggled until knocked overboard by a shot from one of the cannons on board Khetanna, Jabba's Ubrikkian Industries Luxury sail barge. Lando managed to grab onto the skiff as they fell keeping somewhat safely away from the sarlacc's mouth while Vedain fell to the ground sliding right towards it.
Behind the scenesEdit
Vedain was portrayed by Paul Weston.
- "Fortune, Fate, and the Natural History of the Sarlacc"—Star Wars Tales 6
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 2: The Emperor Commands