| Physical characteristics
Dark gray to black
The veermok lived around the fringes of the swamp and woodlands hunting prey, such as the Jimvu through stealth and surprise. They avoided deep water, as they were weak swimmers. They also had a unique bounding movement that took advantage of powerful upper torso and shoulder rotation, along with strong lengthy arms that dwarfed their skinny hind limbs. A veermok also had powerful, tri-tipped claws for gouging and grabbing.
The hair on a veermok's back and chest provided protection and insulation. Their hair rose on their back when alarmed or angered. Hairless lower anatomy allowed for easy hygiene.
Veermoks were generally solitary, unless mating. Mates apparently formed a bond during the time in which they were together. If one mate was killed, the remaining mate would take revenge on whatever or whomever was responsible. They were usually semi-territorial, but not always, defending turf from other veermoks. Females mated once a year, building nests on the ground in a bed of leaves and branches. The veermok had a gestation period three months. They usually gave birth to twins, which in most cases were immediately abandoned by their mother, unlike the more nurturing rancor. It appears that in a few unusual cases a mother would care for her offspring, at least for a short time. Forced to fend for themselves, abandoned twins matured quickly. Veermoks had an unusual resistance to blasters, thus the Systech Corporation created a line of electrical weapons to deal with them. They were also popular holopets.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- The Monster (Mentioned only)
- The Starfighter Trap"—Star Wars Gamer 1 (Mentioned only) "
- Episode I Adventures 9: Rescue in the Core
- Episode I Adventures 11: Pirates from Beyond the Sea
- Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier
- The Predators"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- Star Wars: Empire: A Little Piece of Home
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno (Mentioned only)
- Welcome to the Jungle"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia