Vekozev Kabir -- nicknamed "Zev" -- worked with Ahakistan resistance groups before he became a member of the Rebel Alliance. At the Battle of Hoth, he attended Princess Leia's pilot briefing before heading to his T-47 airspeeder. Flying under the callsign Rogue Eight with Stax Mullawny as his gunner, he was shot down by an AT-AT while defending Echo Base.
Personality and traitsEdit
A sympathizer to the Rebellion, Kabir worked with local resistance on his homeworld. Kabir however believed that the Empire could only be beaten if one was to strike at its source of power, leading Kabir to join the Rebellion.
Behind the scenesEdit
Vekozev Kabir, originally known only as "Zev Kabir," was identified as one of the pilots seen in Echo Base in the article "Rogues Gallery: Clearance for Immediate Launch" in Star Wars Insider 146. He was renamed to avoid confusion with Zev Senesca.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Manga: The Empire Strikes Back 1 (Snowspeeder only)
- Star Wars Kids (magazine) (as Zev Kabir) (First mentioned)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- "Rogues Gallery: Clearance for Immediate Launch"—Star Wars Insider 146 (First identified as Vekozev Kabir)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Creating & Naming the Rogue Pilots: Clearance for Immediate Launch. Star Wars Sourcebooks (December 4, 2013, 5:12 am).
- Creating & Naming the Rogue Pilots: Clearance for Immediate Launch. Veekhoven, Tim; Beentjes, Kevin; de Lange, Sander (December 4, 2013, 7:12 am). Retrieved on December 11, 2013.