Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It looked like a flying wing with eyes, a tail, and a mouth filled with razor sharp teeth. It could produce electrical energy fields to stun threats and its natural prey, beldons. Large groups would feed on a stunned beldon, shredding it to pieces as it fell. This feeding could take several days as the beldon fell towards the liquid-gas interface layer deep below the higher levels. The electrical fields could damage cloud cars that passed by them, and indeed velkers would occasionally attack small ships that came too near. Indeed there was one incident where a large pack of velkers attacked Cloud City, possibly mistaking it for a strange beldon, but such incidents were very rare.
- Young Jedi Knights: Return to Ord Mantell (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Trouble on Cloud City (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Crisis at Crystal Reef (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen
- Legacy of the Force: Invincible (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Alien Anthology
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 5 (BES3-4, Bespin)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 104 (BES14, Bespin - Animals)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook