The flagship of the Dark Jedi and Imperial Inquisitor Jerec was a dreadnought of this class named the Vengeance. It was used from some time before the Battle of Endor to the time of his death in 5 ABY. Several Vengeance-class dreadnoughts were apparently utilized by the Byss Defense Fleet.
Three Vengeances anchored massive task forces sent from the Deep Core to reconquer the Core Worlds in 10 ABY. One of which, the Javelin, was destroyed during the subsequent Imperial Civil War when its captain steered it into a Torpedo Sphere that guarded Chasin.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Vengeance-class dreadnought first appeared in The Essential Guide to Warfare, alongside a ship within its class, the Javelin. Although artwork of it was never shown, the name of the ship class suggested a connection to Jerec's flagship of the same name. A post made by Paul Urquhart on the TEGTW forum for TheForce.Net revealed that the similarities and connections between the ship class and Jerec's ship was intentional.
- Star Wars Battlefront: Mobile Squadrons (Indirect mention only) (Retcon)
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent (Retcon)
- Dark Forces: Jedi Knight (Retcon)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (First appearance) (Retcon)
- Dark Empire (Retcon)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy (Indirect mention only) (Retcon)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Indirect mention only) (Retcon)
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition (Retcon)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Retcon)
- Retcon) (
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First identified as Vengeance-class dreadnought)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- ↑ NEW Starships Of The Galaxy ? on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by Moridin on 12/18/07 3:12pm; accessed March 19, 2012)
- ↑ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2
- ↑ Dark Empire