- Qui-Gon Jinn: "I have encountered a vergence in the Force."
- Yoda: "A vergence, you say?"
- Mace Windu: "Located around a person?"
- Qui-Gon Jinn: "A boy. His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a lifeform… It is possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians."
- ―Jedi Masters Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda, and Mace Windu discussing Anakin Skywalker[src]
A vergence, sometimes described as a fulcrum, or as a nexus, was a location of a concentration of the Force that could be centered around a person, such as Anakin Skywalker, or a location, such as the Jedi Temple on Lothal, the Temple of Eedit on Devaron, the Jedi Temple on Ilum, the Cave of Evil on Dagobah, and Mortis. The Wellspring of Life, a planet that was the foundation of life, the birthplace of midi-chlorians, and the dwelling of the five Force Priestesses, was also described as a nexus. The planet Aleen and the moon Iktotch were known to have vergences.