Prior to the Battle of Yavin the Vergesso Asteroid Field was home to an Imperial cargo depot.
Named after the Corellian scientist Ecile Vergesso, they contained an Ororo Transportation shipyard used by the Rebel Alliance and other organizations. Cruisers and fighters were repaired and refitted in these yards unbeknownst to the local Grand Moff, Kintaro.
The Tenloss Syndicate built the shipyard in the Vergesso Asteroid, a nickel-iron asteroid the size of a small moon and pockmarked with craters. Sensors had difficulty trying to penetrate this asteroid field. The field was less violent than others and also easier to navigate.
- Death Star (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Shadows of the Empire novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Anakin Skywalker: The Story of Darth Vader
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 125 (VER1-2, Vergesso Asteroids)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance