Biology and appearanceEdit
A bipedal insectoid sentient species with green skin, Verpine had a pair of digitigrade legs that terminated in two-toed feet and a pair of saw-blade arms that ended in three-fingered hands. Their heads sat atop a long neck and featured a pair of antenna, two black eyes, and mouthparts.
Society and cultureEdit
The Verpine were a hive-based species. Instead of singing, they rubbed their legs together to produce choral arrangements and communicated by chattering. Verpine displayed affection by rubbing their mouthparts together.
Verpine in the galaxyEdit
By the year 4 BBY, a Verpine known as Effor worked at an gladiatorial arena. In 5 ABY, a pair of Verpine New Republic advisors were loudly arguing at a table at Izzik's, a restaurant located in Nakadia's planetary capital of Quarrow, prior to the first convening of the Galactic Senate at the Quarrow Senate house. They were later leaning over a different table, lustily rubbing their mouthparts together.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Verpine were first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook, a young readers book written by Daniel Wallace and released on February 3, 2015. They were originally created for Star Wars 7: New Planets, New Perils!, the seventh issue of the Legends Star Wars comic series published by Marvel Comics, which was first published on October 11, 1977.
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 "Always Bet on Chop"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- ↑ The events of this article take place in or between "Empire Day," which marks the beginning of the fourth year before the Battle of Yavin; and "A Princess on Lothal," which is the first known episode to take place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the fourth year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ Star Wars 7: New Planets, New Perils!
- ↑ The Comic Reader #149, provided by Marvel Comics