- "SIS surveillance = cleared Senator Sydia's name // Imperial traitor = Sydia's husband // Husband = arrested this morning"
The husband of the Republic Senator Verre Sydia was a deep-cover spy for the Sith Empire through his wife's career during the Great Galactic and Cold Wars until his true allegiances were exposed by the astromech droid T7-O1.
A male individual married Verre Sydia, a Senator of the Galactic Republic, as part of his role as a deep-cover spy for the Sith Empire during the Great Galactic and Cold Wars. In 3663 BBY, an Alderaanian noble and fellow Imperial operative named Eckhorn Baliss added Sydia's husband to a list of potential Imperial sympathizers, and the man feared that his cover had been blown. Using his wife's access to classified Senate accounts, Sydia's husband hired the bounty hunter Terrin Sandafar to kill Baliss by rigging his ship to explode above the noble's homeworld of Alderaan.
However, in 3653 BBY, the former slaver Shafu began investigating Baliss' death as part of an assignment for the deceased Jedi Master Ven Zallow. Sydia's husband employed Sandafar again to eliminate the Rodian Shafu above the moon Nar Shaddaa, and after killing Sandafar to eliminate his accomplice, the man's cover remained in place for another decade before the Jedi Knight known as the Hero of Tython worked with the droid T7-O1—Shafu's former partner—to expose him. Thanks to their investigations, the Strategic Information Service, the Republic intelligence agency, arrested Sydia's husband.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "The Truth Comes Out"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY. Subtracting 20 years from 3,643 BBY results in a date of 3663 BBY and subtracting 10 years results in a date of 3653 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Eckhorn's List"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "The Senator's Secret"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Terrin Sandafar"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Slaver's Redemption"