|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
The vibrosword was a longer, heavier version of the vibroblade. It was generally wielded with two hands, although some beings were strong enough to wield them with one and carry two of them. This sword was used by BX-series droid commandos during the Clone Wars and were seen to be effective against clone troopers of the Galactic Republic.
Like all vibro-weapons, it was dangerous to use vibroswords against electrical weapons, as they conducted electricity, therefore, electrocuting the user of the sword. Though electrocution was not the primary concern, electricity traveling up the length of the blade could connect with the weapon's energy cell and ultrasonic vibration generator. The result would be a miniature explosion with enough force to take off the user's hand.[source?]
It was more common around 3,956 BBY, since its lightsaber-deflecting abilities made it more effective against force users, who were more numerous during that era.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 22: Knights of Suffering, Part 1
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Knight Errant novel (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: Path to Truth
- Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- Star Wars: Dark Times 3: The Path to Nowhere, Part 3
- Star Wars: Dark Times 13: Blue Harvest, Part 1
- Star Wars: Dark Times 15: Blue Harvest, Part 3
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (First appearance)