|Chronological and political information|
- "As you know, I have my…contacts…among the underlevels of the city."
Senator Viento was present during an assassination attempt against Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in Coruscant. Palpatine was saved by Jedi Master Ronhar Kim. As the assassins had been disguised as Senate Guards, Viento suggested a personal guard be created for the Chancellor's protection.
During the Clone Wars, Viento secretly aligned himself with the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and planned to sabotage many Loyalist senators' speeders. He also helped arrange for Finis Valorum's assassination, a plot which also involved fallen Jedi Master Sora Bulq and Anzati assassin Sajé Tasha. During this time, Viento had been placed under the protection of Jedi Master K'Kruhk.
He was assassinated in 21 BBY by Quinlan Vos, a Jedi undercover within the Dark Acolytes, who believed him to be Darth Sidious, the Sith Lord whom Count Dooku had mentioned to Obi-Wan Kenobi on Geonosis. Vos had misinterpreted Dooku, who wanted Viento dead for attempting to double-cross him.
- Star Wars: Republic 63: Striking from the Shadows (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic 64: Bloodlines (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Republic: Show of Force (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic: The Dreadnaughts of Rendili (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic: Trackdown (corpse in carbonite)
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic 63: Striking from the Shadows