The ship's armament consisted of 25 light turbolasers, 20 light quad turbolasers, 20 point-defense laser cannons, 20 light point-defense ion cannons, and 6 tractor beam projectors organized into 5 light turbolaser batteries, 5 light quad turbolaser batteries, 4 laser batteries, 4 ion cannon batteries and one capital - grade tractor beam battery.
The Vindicator was equipped with a Class 2 hyperdrive. It carried 400 troops and a crew of 2,551. Most Vindicators were specifically configured so that they could carry a full TIE starfighter wing and operate independently without the need for support ships. Other configurations could carry only two squadrons of starfighters.
The Immobilizer 418 cruiser was designed using the same basic hull as the Vindicator. In addition to manufacturing new Immobilizer 418s, the Empire converted a number of Vindicators into Interdictor cruisers. The Vindicator's hull was used again to build the Enforcer-class picket cruiser, a patrol ship used by the Pentastar Alignment.
Behind the scenesEdit
While the Vindicator was the original ship in-universe, and its existence had been implied for years, it was only recently given a name and description in the book Starships of the Galaxy, published by Wizards of the Coast. Because of this, the derivative Interdictor cruiser is far more well-known.
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (First appearance)
- Starships of the Galaxy
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Fly Casual
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Starships of the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron