- "There is a known Mandalorian supply outpost in this system."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
Vizsla Keep 09, also referred to as the Mandalorian asteroid outpost, was a supply outpost operated in the rings of Phelbos during the Clone Wars. Darth Maul, leader of Death Watch, took Count Dooku and General Grievous to the outpost after capturing them during a battle on Ord Mantell. The Jedi Order and Galactic Republic tracked Maul and his Shadow Collective to the outpost, leading to an assault against Maul's forces.
During the Clone Wars, Death Watch commander Pre Vizsla built the keep as one of the many Mandalorian bases around the galaxy. Following Vizsla's death at the hands of former Sith Lord Darth Maul, the Shadow Collective and Maul learned of it and took control of the keep. Following the battle on Ord Mantell, Maul went to the Keep. There, he contacted his old master, Darth Sidious and informed him of Count Dooku's and General Grievous's capture.
The Republic forces under Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, and Tiplee then attacked the outpost. There, they fought against Maul's forces, Dooku, and General Grievous until Dooku killed Tiplee. The Jedi were then knocked out by Gar Saxon. Maul's forces were then forced to abandon it.
Age of the EmpireEdit
Two years before the battle of Yavin, Maul had captured the Ghost's crew and brought them to the keep. Once there, Maul waited for Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus and his apprentice Ezra Bridger to arrive with the Sith holocron. There, Maul had his droids take Ezra to the command center.
Maul then lead Kanan to a airlock and pushed him into space. Kanan was able to use the Force to pull himself back to the Keep. Kanan was then able to free his friends from Maul's droids. In the command center, Maul and Bridger then opened both the Sith holocron and Kanan's holocron. Together, they then combined the holocrons.
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Three (First appearance)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Four (Mentioned only) (First identified as Mandalorian asteroid outpost)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Holocrons of Fate"
- (First identified as Vizsla Keep 09)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Three
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Four
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- ↑ The events of this article take place in or after Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow, which is the first known episode to take place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars Rebels – "The Holocrons of Fate"