- "Vodran is a terrible place. It's murky; it's dank. It was the stronghold of Harra the Hutt. She and her collection of scum and troublemakers abandoned Vodran during an Imperial incursion, and as far as we know, the Empire years ago. The swamp has taken back most of the planet."
- ―Gial Ackbar
Vodran was a swampy, murky jungle planet located in Hutt Space. It was the homeworld of the sentient Vodran species, along with dianogas, carnivorous cephalopods that spread themselves across the galaxy by climbing aboard starship bilges and stowing away in their garbage tanks. It was conquered by the Hutt Cartel, which was controlled by the Hutts from the neighboring world of Nal Hutta, who turned the Vodrans into slaves or vassals. Sometime later it was controlled by the First Order after the Hutt Clan abandoned the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
Vodran was first mentioned in Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, a 1989 Star Wars Legends sourcebook cowritten by Michael Stern and Grant S. Boucher for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. It became canon when it was mentioned in Ultimate Star Wars, a canon reference book cowritten by Patricia Barr, Adam Bray, Daniel Wallace, and Ryder Windham that was released on April 28, 2015.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Join the Resistance
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran
- ↑ Poe Dameron: Flight Log states that atmospheres habitable to oxygen-breathers, such as humans, are known as "Type 1" atmosphere. Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran shows that Vodran's atmosphere is breathable to humans, therefore the planet has a Type 1 atmosphere.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ "The Baptist"—From a Certain Point of View
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope