- "Maybe I did make some sort of mental linkage, but if I did I think it's more of a translation from one to another."
- ―Anakin Solo
Vongsense was a power which enabled a being to sense Yuuzhan Vong telepathically. This ability was discovered by Anakin Solo after he attuned a lambent crystal to him and then repaired his lightsaber using it.
This ability was fairly rare, although it was also possessed by Tahiri Veila, Finn Galfridian and by Anakin's brother Jacen. This was because forming it required a physical or mental connection of sorts to Yuuzhan Vong biotechnology. In Anakin's case, this was the lambent crystal; in Tahiri's, the vivisection she had suffered as the captive of Mezhan Kwaad; and in Jacen's, the similar ordeal he had undergone at the hands of Vergere.
Jedi practitioners would have to temporarily abandon their connection with the Force in order to use Vongsense.
Behind the scenesEdit
Despite most other cases of Vongsense being a result of a connection to Yuuzhan Vong biotechnology, Finn Galfridian's ability to use Vongsense was not explained.
- Invasion: Revelations 4
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Traitor
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- The New Jedi Order: Ylesia
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force