Voss was a planet located within the Voss system of the Outer Rim Territories. It was inhabited by Gormak and a less numerous species, who were named Voss like the planet. The two were engaged in warfare for many years circa 3653 BBY. The Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire discovered the planet shortly after the signature of the Treaty of Coruscant.
In a time long forgotten, an unknown breed of Sith came on Voss and enslaved the native Gormak whom they considered primitive. Then the Jedi came, who founded a Gormak movement of resistance against the Sith oppressors, creating the first mystics of the planet Voss. The Gormak agreed to fight the Sith in exchange for being taught how to use the Force. But in their greed, the Gormak failed to see the consequences of their actions. Under the influence of the Force, the Gormak mystics evolved, losing their feral traits and becoming a full new species, the Voss. The sundering of two people in turn created a dark side entity called Sel-Makor. After the expulsion of the Sith and the departure of the Jedi Order, the planet was left alone, and for centuries, the two native sentient species of Voss—the Voss and the Gormak—were at war with each other.
Following the Treaty of Coruscant that ended the Great Galactic War in 3653 BBY, Voss was accidentally rediscovered by the larger galaxy several years before 3641 BBY. It was invaded by the Sith Empire, and the Galactic Republic moved to defend the world against the Sith by occupying it themselves. However, the Voss were able to out-maneuver both factions due to the visions of their Force-using tradition, the Voss Mystics. However, the Mystics lacked proper interpretation of their visions, as the invasion was a diversion for the Sith Emperor to capture a Voss visionary to make into his Voice. In the aftermath of the battle, the Sith were defeated, a fleet had vanished, and both governments established embassies in Voss-Ka to curry the favor of the Voss.
By the time of the fall of the Republic, Voss was solely known as an unremarkable mining world. In the early years of the Galactic Empire, the planet became part of the newly formed Allied Tion sector. The Empire attempted to create industries on the planet to rival Lianna, however the planet came under the control of corrupt Tionese clans.
The capital settlement of the Voss species was Voss-Ka, a fortified mountain settlement that featured the Tower of Prophecy as well as the Republic and Imperial embassies. A densely forested area of of Voss known as the Nightmare Lands was said to have been populated by tainted wildlife, corrupted Gormak, and mad Voss Mystics. The Gormak built mines and settled in camps, sometimes defended by stolen technology. Voss was also dotted with Sith and Jedi ruins that led to many forgotten dangers.
Voss had two native species, the Voss and the Gormak. It was later settled by both the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, though it retained its independence.
Behind the scenesEdit
Voss was the twelfth planet to be revealed for the MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Unusual Suspects"—Star Wars Gamer 6 (First mentioned) "
- The Essential Atlas
- "Exploring The Old Republic"—Star Wars Insider 121
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Unusual Suspects"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Agent Mission: "The Prophecy of the Shining Man" on Voss establishes that the Shining Man made a deal with the Three for the Voss to remain neutral for a total of three thousand days, and also establishes that at the time of Act III in Star Wars: The Old Republic, there are still "a few years" remaining in those three thousand days. The Shining Man arrived on Voss only a matter of months after the planet was discovered, meaning that the planet's discovery must have taken place less than eight years prior to Act III, the events of which can be placed in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | Media, Screenshots - "Voss"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | Media, Concept Art - "Voss 2"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | Media, Screenshots - "Voss 2"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | Media, Screenshots - "Voss 0"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | Media, Concept Art - "Voss 0"