28 standard hours
355 local days
Type I (breathable)
Forest, mountains, plateaus, oceans
|Points of interest|
Voss was a planet located within the Voss system of the Outer Rim Territories. It was inhabited by Gormak and a less numerous species, who were named Voss like the planet. The two were engaged in warfare for many years circa 3,653 BBY. The Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire discovered the planet shortly after the signature of the Treaty of Coruscant.
In a time long forgotten, an unknown breed of Sith came on Voss and enslaved the natives Gormak whom they considered primitive, then came the Jedi who founded a Gormak movement of resistance against the Sith oppressors, creating the first mystics of the planet Voss. The Gormak agreed to fight the Sith in exchange for being taught how to use the Force. But in their greed, the Gormak failed to see the consequences of their actions. Under the influence of the Force, the Gormak mystics evolved, losing their feral traits and becoming a full new species, the Voss. The sundering of two people in turn created a dark side entity called Sel-Makor. After the expulsion of the Sith and the departure of the Jedi Order the planet was left alone and for centuries, the two native sentient species of Voss—the Voss and the Gormak—were at war with each other.
Following the Treaty of Coruscant that ended the Great Galactic War in 3,653 BBY, Voss was accidentally rediscovered by the larger galaxy around 3,649 BBY. It was invaded by the Sith Empire, and the Galactic Republic moved to defend the world against the Sith by occupying it themselves. However, the Voss were able to out-maneuver both factions due to the visions of their Force-using tradition, the Voss Mystics. However, the mystics lacked proper interpretation of their visions, as the invasion was a diversion for the Sith Emperor to capture a Voss visionary to make into his Voice. In the aftermath of the battle, the Sith were defeated, a fleet had vanished, and both governments established embassies in Voss-Ka to curry the favor of the Voss.
In the early years of the Galactic Empire, the planet became part of the newly formed Allied Tion sector. The Empire attempted to create industries on the planet to rival Lianna, however the planet came under the control of corrupt Tion clans.
The capital settlement of the Voss species was Voss-Ka, a fortified mountain settlement that featured the Tower of Prophecy as well as the Republic and Imperial embassies. A densely forested area of of Voss known as The Nightmare Lands was said to have been populated by tainted wildlife, corrupted Gormak, and mad Voss Mystics. The Gormak built mines and settled in camps, sometimes defended by stolen technology. Voss was also dotted with Sith and Jedi ruins that led to many forgotten dangers.
Voss had two native species, the Voss and the Gormak. It was later settled by both the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, though it retained its independence.
Behind the scenesEdit
Voss was the twelfth planet to be revealed for the MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Unusual Suspects"—Star Wars Gamer 6 (First mentioned) "
- The Essential Atlas
- "Exploring The Old Republic"—Star Wars Insider 121
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Agent Mission: "The Prophecy of the Shining Man" on Voss confirms that the Shining Man first arrived on Voss approximately eight years before the events of the Imperial Agent's Act III in 3,641 BBY, and because the Shining Man arrived not long after the invasion of Voss, the planet must have been discovered around this time.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | Media, Screenshots - "Voss"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | Media, Concept Art - "Voss 2"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | Media, Screenshots - "Voss 2"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | Media, Screenshots - "Voss 0"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | Media, Concept Art - "Voss 0"
- ↑ Unusual Suspects"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "