Vulptereens had six tusks protruding outward from their snouts, a feeler on their snout, and two pointed ears on top. Their eyes were yellow-green, with black pupils capable of seeing in dark conditions, yet they lacked good depth perception. This resulted in the use of echolocation in these conditions.
The species' two arms ended in clawed hands, that if dismembered could result in aphasia since they lacked a central brain. However, they were quite hardy when exposed to a variety of environments and did not succumb to toxic conditions.
The Vulptereen were native to the planet of Vulpter, a world that once contained a thriving ecosystem. The Vulptereen, however, transformed their verdant homeworld into an industrial wasteland due to their over industrialization.
However, the Trade Federation seized control of Vulpter around 32 BBY, which allowed the Neimoidians to exploit the Vulptereens. They forced them to drill tunnels that could be used as storage for the Trade Federation, and dumped the products that they could not sell on the planet.
Vultereen in the galaxyEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Podracing Tales
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge
- Star Wars: Republic 33: Darkness, Part 2
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 50 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- Star Wars: Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode I Who's Who: A Pocket Guide to the Characters of The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace: The Official Souvenir Magazine (Picture only)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Episode I
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxy Series 4 (Card: Amy Pronovost sketch card)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File remake 3 (POD6, The Boonta Eve Classic Podrace)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Dud Bolt)