Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In 4250 BBY a group of Dark Jedi who had been defeated during the Third Great Schism of the Jedi Order fled to the Vultar system to avoid persecution on Coruscant. After landing on Vultar, the Dark Jedi activated a massive, planet-size superweapon known as the Cosmic Turbine in a bid for power. Unwittingly, the activation of the weapon triggered a chain reaction which killed all the Dark Jedi and destroyed the entire star system, creating the Vultar Nebula.
Following the cataclysm the Jedi High Council attributed the destruction of the system and the Schism itself as the cause of the Great Sith War and the Jedi Civil War to follow. During the Order's Conclave on the planet Deneba in 3997 BBY, Jedi Master Shayoto mentioned the Cataclysm as a warning to others who might follow the dark path.
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith audio drama (Mentioned only)
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 3: Descent to the Dark Side (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned in Codex entry as "The Third Great Schism")
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 3"—Star Wars Insider 28
- The New Essential Chronology
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Star Wars Annual 2011
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (Cut)