|Height of average adult|
Bulbous eyes, head crests
Vurks were the predominant sentient species of the planet Sembla. They were tall, reptilian humanoids with bulbous dark eyes and sweeping head crests. Their hands and feet had three digits each, one of which was opposable. They had distinguishing gray-green, leathery skin.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Being able to breathe both water and air, they were perfectly adapted to travel Sembla's warm, shallow seas dotted with volcanic islands. They shared a strong nomadic instinct with their amphibious ancestors. Young Vurk males were married off by their parents; those who failed to marry before reaching adulthood remained bachelors for the rest of their lives. Because their way of living resulted in virtually no sizable permanent settlement whatsoever, Vurks were generally considered primitive by the rest of the galaxy; however, that was not true. They were very intelligent and believed in a highly developed philosophical tradition that emphasized personal integrity and individual freedom and encouraged personal honesty. Their compassionate and calm manner made them better than average diplomats.
This may cause one to think they would not defend themselves; however, they considered defending themselves part of personal integrity, and could be formidable opponents.
One of the most famous members of the species was Jedi Master and Jedi High Council member Coleman Trebor, who fought and died during the First Battle of Geonosis after being shot by bounty hunter Jango Fett. Another Vurk, Senator Sweitt Concorkill, accompanied Supreme Chancellor Palpatine to a performance of Squid Lake at the Galaxies Opera House during the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Vurk's protruding head crest is similar in appearance to the head crest of the hadrosaurid Parasaurolophus.
MAD Magazine satirically referred to the Vurk as "shoehorns".
- Jedi Quest: The False Peace (First appearance)
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 46 —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 50 —
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- "Death in the Catacombs"—Star Wars Insider 79 (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost 1
- "Who's Who in the Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 62
- "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000"—Star Wars Insider 85
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 54
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force