The vynock was an atmosphere-breathing subspecies of the mynock. They were native to the planet Kalarba, but could also be found on Corellia, Talus and Bothawui. Apparently, these creatures did not possess the helium allergy that mynocks had.
Vynocks were leathery, winged creatures covered in small tentacles. Vynocks had no arms or legs, and scoured the rocky mountains of Kalarba for metals to eat. They would also terrorize settlements by infesting buildings, starships, and structures as well as tormenting livestock and other beings.
- Star Wars Droids: The Kalarba Adventures 2
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game (Appears as a trophy only)
- Rookies: No Turning Back
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 112 (KAL1-2, Kalarba)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia