- "While I'm not on Lothal at the moment, my droid is. Go to my operation and he'll set you up with everything you need."
- ―Lando Calrissian
W1-LE, commonly known as "Willie," was an RQ protocol droid owned by Lando Calrissian since the Clone Wars. Willie originally had a different body type, however sometime before the Siege of Lothal Calrissian transferred Willie's logic unit into an RQ protocol droid. Willie helped Lando to manage his farm and illegal mining operation on the Outer Rim world of Lothal. After the Spectres made a deal with Calrissian for safe passage from the planet, the droid completed the transaction in Lando's absence.
W1-LE was the "galactic entrepreneur" Lando Calrissian’s personal attendant droid, whom he had owned since the time of the Clone Wars. The droid once had a different body type but his master transferred his logic unit into the an RQ protocol droid at some point prior to the Siege of Lothal. Willie maintained Calrissian's farm on the Outer Rim world of Lothal when he was not present, performing such tasks as walking Calrissian's puffer pig, which he had acquired to begin an illegal mining operation on the planet.
During the Siege of Lothal Willie, under the instructions of Calrissian, helped the Spectres to escape the Imperial blockade around Lothal. In return for giving him three of their stolen shield generators, the rebels traveled to Calrissian's farm in a stolen Imperial shuttle to rendezvous with W1-LE, who would assist them. With the aid of the Mandalorian rebel Sabine Wren, W1-LE created sensor buoys that would replicate the signal of the shuttle and scatter Imperial forces when they tried to track them. This plan worked and the rebels escaped the Imperial blockade and rejoined Phoenix Squadron's fleet in deep space. Unknown to both Willie and the rebels, the Sith Lord Darth Vader had planted a tracking device aboard the shuttle and used it to assault Phoenix Squadron's fleet.
Personality and traitsEdit
W1-LE had a laid-back personality but was still able to manage his master Lando Calrissian's farm and mining operation on Lothal. He was also skilled and resourceful enough to help the Spectres develop sensor buoys that allowed them to escape the Imperial blockade above Lothal.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158 (First mentioned)
- "Puffer Problems"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 21
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- ↑ Willie (W1-LE). Star Wars Rebels (July 1, 2015). Retrieved on July 2, 2015. "He'll set you up with everything you need for a stealthy escape." (screenshot)
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Idiot's Array"