- "So we got another no returner mission. How is it we're on the list for all the tough jobs?"
"'Cause we never miss, Warthog. I'll bet you drinks for ten rotations we come out of this without a scratch."
- ―Warthog and Tracer
"Warthog" was the nickname of a veteran clone trooper pilot who served in the Republic Navy's Hunter Squadron during the Clone Wars, often as the wingman to Jedi General Plo Koon. Born on Kamino, Warthog became a skilled starfighter pilot and joined his clone trooper brethren in a number of engagements against the Confederacy of Independent Systems. He became good friends with his tail gunner, Tracer, and the pair developed a habit of betting drinks on the success of their assignments in Hunter Squadron. Warthog piloted a BTL-B Y-wing starfighter during an assault on the planet Gwori, serving under Masters Koon and Saesee Tiin to cripple the Separatist shipyards at Gwori. Although the mission was a success, Warthog lost Tracer to enemy fire from a Vulture droid starfighter. At the First Battle of Felucia in 21 BBY, Warthog flew a V-19 Torrent starfighter, working with Koon to provide starfighter cover for a convoy of LAAT/i gunships. Warthog and Koon safely escorted the gunships to the surface of Felucia, where they rescued a Republic battle group that had been overrun by the Separatist Droid Army.
Besides serving in Hunter Squadron, Warthog was often attached to Clone Commander CC-3636's 104th Battalion, providing aerial support or piloting one of the unit's gunships. Such was the case during a supply mission to Aleen, where Warthog ferried 104th troops and relief supplies aboard a gunship. Flying a nimble clone Z-95 starfighter, Warthog joined Koon in leading a starfighter assault on a slave processing facility on Kadavo, where a number of Togruta colonists had been enslaved by the Separatist-allied Zygerrian Slave Empire. Warthog and his Wolfpack pilots disabled the Zygerrian's HH-87 Starhoppers and turbolaser defenses so that Admiral Coburn could retrieve the Togrutas with a light cruiser.
Assault on Gwori
- "You hear that, Tracer. We stuck it to the clankers good!"
"I'm letting you…out of our bet, Warthog…The fleet…can buy me a drink…for this one."
"You hang in there, Tracer! We're going home."
- ―Warthog and a dying Tracer
The clone trooper who earned the nickname "Warthog" was born on the planet Kamino for service to the Galactic Republic. Warthog became a clone trooper pilot and began service in the Republic Navy during the Clone Wars, in which the Republic battled the Confederacy of Independent Systems for galactic supremacy. By 21 BBY, the second year of the war, Warthog joined the Republic Navy's Hunter Squadron, a starfighter unit that primarily piloted BTL-B Y-wing starfighters. Fellow clone pilot Toomer became the tail gunner for Warthog's Y-wing, and the two pilots became friends, frequently betting on the success of their missions with drinks while stationed on the galactic capital of Coruscant.
First Battle of Felucia
- "I can't shake these two droids!"
"Come around and I'll try to get them off your tail."
- ―Warthog and Plo Koon
- "Great. It's gonna be another one of those planets."
Rescue on Kadavo
- "Yeah! That got 'em. Good work, General!"
"Keep your focus, Warthog. Watch out for those towers!"
- ―Warthog and Plo Koon
Personality and traits
- "I hope you got a lot of credits with the brewers on Coruscant, Warthog!"
"We live through this and I'll buy you all the drinks you want, Tracer!"
- ―Tracer and Warthog, upon executing their micro-jump to bypass the Gwori blockade
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Shipyards of Doom (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 5.6
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 5.7
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 130 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Shop" (Set: Warthog)