- "The Lars family. According to the records, they've…never paid their water tax. How did we let that happen?"
"We'll make up for it right now. Take every last drop."
- ―Two of Jabba's enforcers, while approaching the Lars moisture farm
A water tax was a form of taxation imposed on the moisture farmers on Tatooine, a desert world in the Outer Rim Territories, by the crime lord Jabba the Hutt. Jabba's enforcers collected water from the farmers, sometimes by force, on behalf of their master. According to rumors, Jabba used the water to be constantly bathed, but those rumors were false; according to Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jabba never bathed.
- Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: "The Last of His Breed" (First appearance)
- Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)