|Chronological and political information|
Lieutenant Watts was a male Human from Corulag and an officer who served in the Imperial Army and worked with the Kuat Drive Yards in developing All Terrain Scout Transport weaponry during the Galactic Civil War. In addition, he was a crack shot, as his gunnery skills were able to produce "devastating results."
Watts served under Major Marquand as the gunner of Tempest Scout 2 during the Battle of Endor. When Chewbacca and two Ewoks landed on Tempest Scout 2, Marquand ordered Watts to get the only Ewok he was aware of off their AT-ST. Watts peered out of the cockpit hatchway and was pulled out by the powerful Chewbacca who then threw him overboard, screaming during most of his 8.6 meter plummet to the ground. The Imperials, not knowing about his demise, later believed that Watts, alongside Marquand, had turned traitor when it became apparent that their walker was committing turncoat actions against them.
Behind the scenesEdit
Watts was played by his namesake, Return of the Jedi co-producer Robert Watts. Watts served in real world armed forces during which he obtained the rank of lieutenant. Robert Watts once said that his character was actually General Maximilian Veers from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. However, it seemed doubtful that Veers would have such a demotion to a simple pilot, and later sources confirmed that he was still a general after the Battle of Endor.
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike (Cutscene only)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Lieutenant Watts) (First identified as Watts)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Major Marquand)
- "Watts the Story"—Star Wars Insider 101
- "25 Years of Return of the Jedi!"—Star Wars Insider 105
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams