- "After a second it started spraying fire—thermal projectiles that melted our armor like wax."
- ―Canderous Ordo
Wax was a sticky yellowish meltable substance. It saw uses as diverse as moulding candles and grooming one's mustache or beard to make it shiny. The Yuuzhan Vong even created a weapon, known as the burnball, that consisted in an wax shell filled with hazardous hanpat chemical. The Killiks, a race of giant insects, made balls of luminescent wax to light the dark passageways of their dwellings. Wax of the Cornesian variety was once used by Ninopas Orocc, who smeared it across the base of several hover platforms in the Galactic Senate, which resulted in the injury of three senators. The Faalo's cadences, a lightsaber training techniques developed by the Jedi Master Vo'ren Faalo, involved manipulating durasteel ball bearings atop wax candles.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (Mentioned only)
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- "Uhl Eharl Khoehng"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- "Lady Luck"—Star Wars Tales 3 (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Hanpat")
- Wax on Wikipedia