Found past the Jundland Wastes, and neighbor to the Western Dune Sea, Wayfar could barely be called a town. Were it not for the fact that some moisture farmers found the town appealing, Wayfar would have been nothing more than an abandoned settlement. It was also not uncommon to see hermits visit the town occasionally for much needed supplies.
In 0 BBY, Kaimer was the mayor of Wayfar. Following the Battle of Yavin, Porgryn of the Azure Cabal operated out of this town. Around this time, Wayfar chose to host a Life Day celebration. During the celebration, a very rare snow blizzard covered the town in snow.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies, Wayfar is one of many cities on Tatooine. When the game was first released, the town lacked a shuttleport. This forced players to walk or drive to Wayfar from another city. However, the developers eventually added a shuttleport to the town to make transportation to Wayfar more convenient.
During the Life Day live event from December 16, 2008 to January 12, 2009, players could visit Wayfar for a variety of Life Day activities. For the event, Wayfar had a blizzard which covered the town in snow. It is unclear how this could be viewed from an in-universe perspective. It can be presumed that the town used some sort of snow machine, or it was a very rare weather phenomena.
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Tatooine Ghost (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope
- Star Wars Technical Journal, Volume One
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 72 (TAT42, Tatooine - Anchorhead and Tosche Station)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 74 (TAT46, Obi-Wan's Home)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide