|Wedding of Chewbacca and Mallatobuck|
- «My memory is good. In all the years I was gone, I never for a moment forgot your face, your strength, your eyes, Mallatobuck. I dreamed of the day that we could be married. Will you? Will you take me for your husband?»
- ―Chewbacca, proposing to Mallatobuck[src]
In 2 BBY, a wedding took place between the Wookiees Chewbacca and Mallatobuck. The two had been in love for years, but Chewbacca had been away from the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk for long periods of time serving a life debt to the Corellian smuggler Han Solo. Mallatobuck turned down several proposals during that time, holding out for her hero. When he and Solo visited Kashyyyk in 2 BBY, Chewbacca and Mallatobuck spent long hours wandering through the forest together. Chewbacca then bagged a quillarat in the planet's Shadowlands and presented it to Mallatobuck—her acceptance of the gift signaled their forthcoming union.
The two wed the very next day on the branch of a wroshyr tree outside of Rwookrrorro. No priest officiated; per Wookiee custom, the two wed themselves. Mallatobuck wore a sheer veil of silvery gray, and Solo stood at Chewbacca's side as his "best Human", in a nod to Human customs. Many other Wookiees attended as the two exchanged vows. A reception then took place where much food was served, and Wookiees danced, sang, and played wooden instruments well into the night. Later in the night, Chewbacca and Mallatobuck consummated their union and conceived a child. The next day, Chewbacca left with Solo to continue serving his life debt.
- Rebel Dawn (First appearance)
- A Forest Apart (Mentioned only)
- Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only)