Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Oh, Master Luke, I'm so relieved to see you. I'm afraid I've gotten us all into a terrible mess! It's all my fault! We must stop the wedding immediately!"
- ―C-3PO to Luke Skywalker
In 8 ABY, shortly after the Imperial warlord Zsinj's defeat at the Battle of Dathomir, Leia Organa, Princess of Alderaan and Ambassador of the New Republic, accepted General Han Solo's marriage proposal. Their first attempt at marriage three years earlier had been interrupted by the Empire.
The gala event took place six weeks after the battle at Cantham House, the Alderaanian Consulate on Coruscant, with Chief of State Mon Mothma officiating. C-3PO was the ring-bearer, although he had been stuffed in a closet up until the start of the ceremony. Earlier, C-3PO announced that Han's great-grandfather, Korol Solo, was the king of Corellia, before later discovering that Korol was in fact a pretender and was hanged for his crime. The best man, Luke Skywalker, who was running late after the shuttle driver mistakenly dropped him off at the Aldereenian Consulate, ran into Threepio and turned the droid off to prevent him from spoiling the wedding. A thousand guests attended, with billions more across the galaxy "attending" through HoloNet coverage. Footage of the marriage was replayed on the HoloNet for weeks after the event and drew huge positive reactions.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Standing at the far end of the red carpet, Princess Leia, who was holding her wedding bouquet, looked over at Luke and smiled at him. She then glanced around and saw Ken and all her other friends. Chewbacca was on hand to serve as Han's Best Man. And See-Threepio and Artoo-Detoo were there to share the title of Best Droid, both of them showing off their gleaming polish."
- ―Leia Organa's wedding in the Jedi Prince saga
The 1993 novel Prophets of the Dark Side, the sixth and final book of the Jedi Prince saga, ended with a wedding between Han Solo and Leia Organa, which took place in the Grand Audience Chamber on Yavin 4 in the year 5 ABY. However, the Jedi Prince series was discontinued and the wedding has been disregarded by canon in favor of the one depicted in Dave Wolverton's novel The Courtship of Princess Leia. Paul Davids, coauthor of the Jedi Prince saga, had stated that the next book in the series would have had the wedding interrupted by Imperials. That aborted ceremony, however, was brought back into canon with the release of The Star Wars Spy Game: SPIN Declassified, an article written by Abel G. Peña and Greg Mitchell for the StarWars.com official blog.
Contradicting the account in The Courtship of Princess Leia, Cracken's Threat Dossier states that Han and Leia were married on Dathomir by Augwynne Djo after the Battle of Dathomir: "Shortly after the destruction of the Iron Fist and the Nightsisters, Han Solo and Leia Organa were married by Augwynne (NRI Security File 752.09.89.17.03) at the fortress of the Singing Mountain Clan."
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (First appearance)
- Epilogue: Whatever Became Of...? (Mentioned only)
- Hutt and Seek (Mentioned only)
- Tatooine Ghost (Mentioned only)
- Dark Empire (First mentioned)
- Planet of Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Before the Storm (Mentioned only)
- The New Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Union (Mentioned only)
- Survivor's Quest (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Shards of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- Crucible (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Chronology
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- "ComicScan: 'Til Death Do They Part"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 8
- The New Essential Chronology
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 18
- Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Essential Chronology
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 The Courtship of Princess Leia
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Dark Empire
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Epilogue: Whatever Became Of...?
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Union
- ↑ Prophets of the Dark Side
- ↑ Son of Palpatine (a.k.a. Glove of Darth Vader) series books #7-9
- ↑ Cracken's Threat Dossier
- ↑ DVD Monthly magazine, July 2006 (page 30)