- "Good shot, Janson!"
- ―Wedge Antilles to Wes Janson during the Battle of Hoth
Wes Janson was a human male pilot from Taanab who served in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. Janson was to have flown in the Battle of Yavin as Red Six, but was grounded prior to the battle and replaced by Jek Porkins, who died in the conflict. Around 3 ABY, Lieutenant Janson participated in the Galactic Empire's attack on the Alliance's base in the Battle of Hoth, serving as a gunner for Wedge Antilles, who was piloting a T-47 airspeeder in Rogue Squadron.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "I play a stormtrooper, in a walker, who's trying to shoot down my own bloody plane."
- ―Ian Liston, the actor who portrays Janson, on The Empire Strikes Back
Wes Janson was portrayed by Ian Liston in The Empire Strikes Back. During filming of The Empire Strikes Back, a call was put out for an actor, not an extra, to play an AT-AT gunner. That was Liston's original role in the film, but he was later asked by an assistant director with whom Liston had previously worked to take the role of Janson since the original actor had fallen ill. Thus he ironically played both an Imperial and a Rebel, and in one sequence of the film is in effect trying to shoot himself down. Regarding his scenes as Janson with Wedge Antilles, Liston revealed in 2005 that he and actor Denis Lawson were never actually on set together—Liston's double took his place when the scene focused on Lawson (Antilles) and vice versa.
- "Grounded"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Wes Janson)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ; image #10 (of 15)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Grounded"—From a Certain Point of View
- ↑ "Rebel Pilot Reunion"—Star Wars Insider 32
- ↑ "In Their Own Words: Making The Empire Strikes Back"—Star Wars Insider 119