- "Told you we should have double-checked the Western Reaches."
- ―Han Solo to Chewbacca, after discovering that the Millennium Falcon was in the Western Reaches
After the end of the Clone Wars, the Galactic Empire initiated a campaign against Separatist holdouts in the region, which would continue until the fourth year of its reign. Moff Wilhuff Tarkin took part in these campaigns, removed from the media controversy over his role in the Antar Atrocity. After being reassigned to the remote Imperial facility known as Sentinel Base, one false rumor spread that he had been given such an apparently insignificant posting because of a failure while commanding an important operation in the Western Reaches.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Western Reaches was originally established to be a region of the galaxy in the Star Wars Legends sourcebook The Essential Atlas released in 2008 and written by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace. It was brought into canon by the 2014 novel Tarkin, by author James Luceno.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide