Whisper birds were avians native to the moon Yavin 4. They were known for their radiant plumage and gained their name due to their seemingly noiseless flight. They used their dexterous tongue to emit their sweet, low-pitched song or call.
Whisper birds were at home in the trees and water of the jungle moon. They would go quiet when they desired food, which consisted of fish and weeds, as well nectar funnels that grew on vines. As with other small animals native to Yavin 4, they were prey to stintarils and other predators.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 5: End of an Empire
- Star Wars: Republic: Show of Force
- Rebel Force: Target (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force (First appearance)
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 105 (YAV7-8, Yavin 4 Animals)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide