A response to the Imperial siege of Caprioril, a New Republic sector capital, Mon Mothma used fiery rhetoric that echoed her work during the formative years of the Rebel Alliance to explain the New Republic's on going battles against the Imperial Remnant. It was Mon Mothma's aim to calm Outer Rim worlds' concerned about the recall of New Republic forces following the emergence of the reborn Emperor's reorganized fleet and address Inner Rim worlds' fear that after the devastation wrought in the Thrawn campaign, the New Republic could not defend their beings.
The document was organized into five reasons ('it' referring to the Empire):
- "Because it is not legal"
- "Because it is not moral"
- "Because it is not socially responsible"
- "Because it is not tolerant"
- "Because it must be stopped"
It was signed by Mon Mothma, Leia Organa Solo, Borsk Fey'lya, Gial Ackbar, Jenssar SoBilles, Sian Tevv, Verrinnefra B'thog Indriummsegh, Doman Beruss, Garm Bel Iblis, Kerrithrarr, and Kahr'corvh, displaying a mix of Alliance founders and representatives of newly liberated peoples.
- Dark Empire Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- (Same information reposted on Hyperspace)