Wi'ba Tuyll was a human male who spent time in the castle of the pirate Maz Kanata on the planet Takodana around thirty years after the Battle of Endor. Tuyll was drinking at the castle's bar when Kanata, who was returning a tray of drinks to the bar beside Tuyll, recognized the smuggler Han Solo entering the establishment and cried out to him across the castle, silencing everyone present for a moment. Shortly after Solo's arrival, many of the castle's occupants were drawn outside to view the destruction of the Hosnian system by the First Order's Starkiller Base superweapon. The First Order then attacked and destroyed Kanata's castle. While at the castle, Tuyll wore black boots and brown clothing, including a pair of gloves and a cap. His left eye was covered by an eye patch and he had fair skin and brown hair.
Behind the scenesEdit
Wi'ba Tuyll was created for the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in North America on December 18, 2015. The character's appearance however, had been revealed to the public seven months earlier through an exclusive article on the website of Vanity Fair. Tuyll was not identified in either the film or article, and would go unnamed until the released of the video game LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 2016 in which he was one of many playable characters. Despite the game being non-canon, Lucasfilm Story Group member Pablo Hidalgo confirmed on Twitter that the names provided by the game for previously unidentified characters, including Tuyll, were considered canon.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (First identified as Wi'ba Tuyll)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Leibovitz, Annie (May 4, 2015). Adam Driver and Lupita Nyong'o's Characters Revealed in Exclusive Star Wars: The Force Awakens Photos. Vanity Fair. Retrieved on May 4, 2015.
- ↑ screenshot) . "@LelalMekha Yeah, same with Infinity." (