Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Ewok Widdle Warrick, nicknamed Willy, was the second oldest son of Deej and his wife Shodu. He had two brothers, Weechee and Wicket, and one sister, Winda. Widdle was notable among the Ewoks for being a glutton and accident prone. He and his elder brother Weechee would frequently challenge each other. He was the black sheep of the Warrick family, and often the butt of jokes for other Ewoks. Whilst in his younger years he infrequently displayed cowardice. Nevertheless, he was capable of committing feats of great bravery, like his brothers, especially at the Battle of Endor.
In his younger years, Willy enjoyed various adventures in the wake of his young brother Wicket, even though Willy was accused several times of being a coward. One day, he came to discover a diamond in the forest that could give courage to an Ewok. His brother Weechee had disappeared after a smooth race, and Willy, encouraged by the diamond, wanted to save his brother. While Willy unknowingly lost the diamond, he succeeded in his rescue, thus independently saving his brother with his own courage.
During a fishing trip Willy's father Deej cut himself on a poisonous fungus, resulting in him falling deathly ill. In order to save his life the Village Shaman Logray requires three ingredients with which he can concoct a healing potion; a star urchin from the land of the Dandelion Warriors, a lantern bird feather, and a Frosch egg. However the potion must be made before sunset, so to acquire these items in time Logray decides to assign each of Deej's three sons the task of retrieving one of the ingredients. Willy is told to acquire a Lantern Bird feather, however during Logray's briefing Willy manages to drink a potion which causes him to bounce and float. After being scolded by Logray he is towed outside with a rope by his brothers using rocks as ballast. After they split up Willy discovers a Lantern Bird nest in a high tree. He discards the rocks Logray used to weigh him down in order to float his way to the nest. He grabs a feather, but before he can escape, the mother lantern bird returns and sits on the nest, trapping him.
He remained trapped until Wicket, Mring-Mring, and Teebo found him (at which point the floating effect has worn off) and taken him to the Frosch cave where Weechee was in trouble. After rescuing him the group is pursued by Frosch resulting in them being surrounded at the edge of a cliff by Frosch, Willy and the others then attempt to scale the cliff to a plateau. However he manages to fall down and in a bizarre turn of events he scolds the Frosch who are temporarily nonplussed by his sudden display of foolhardy lack of fear. Eventually Willy's courage runs out when he realizes that the Frosh are about to attack and he surges up the cliff past his stunned companions to the top. The group then finds themselves seemingly trapped until Mring-Mring tells the Ewoks to focus their minds and imagine a giant, winged creature that can carry them to safety. Though skeptical, the Ewoks think hard, and Mring-Mring transforms himself into a giant avian. The Ewoks climb aboard his back, and they fly back to the village, where they deliver the ingredients to Logray just before sunset. With the potion made Deej is healed and Willy joins in with his family in celebration.
Willy later took part in the Battle of Endor. He was one of the two Ewoks who hijacked the AT-ST Tempest Scout 2 along with Chewbacca, successfully turning the tide of the battle to the advantage of the Rebel forces.
Behind the scenesEdit
A recent action figure, as well as the StarWars.com Databank, placed Widdle in Return of the Jedi, and at the Battle of Endor. In Star Wars Insider 100, Leland Chee confirmed that Willy was one of the Ewoks who hijacked Tempest Scout 2 along with Chewbacca.
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Non-canonical appearance)
- The Ewok Who Was Afraid: An Ewok Adventure
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Cries of the Trees"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Haunted Village"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Rampage of the Phlogs" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"To Save Deej"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Tree of Light"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Asha" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Home is Where the Shrieks Are" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Princess Latara" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Night of the Stranger" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Horville's Hut of Horrors"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Bringing Up Norky" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Malani the Warrior" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Ewoks—Shadows of Endor
- Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
- Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "Meet Wicket!"—Star Wars Kids 6
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 1 (WIC2, Wicket W. Warrick) (Indirect mention only)
- "Warriors of Endor"—Star Wars Insider 110
- "Rogues Gallery: The Ewoks: Warriors of Endor!"—Star Wars Insider 135