|Usage and history|
- "Changing your looks won't help much. Even with a wig or facial prosthetics you tend to stand out in a crowd."
- ―Groshik to Dessel
A wig was a covering of the head made to resemble natural hair. It was worn by people trying to conceal their baldness or as a disguise—as exemplified by the cyborg pirate Attuma Duum. Sometimes, elaborate wigs were used a symbol of high status, notably amongst the Tof from the Firefist satellite galaxy. A person of importance was sometimes known colloquially as a "bigwig". Some Hutts had the quirk to use live sha'rellian toops as wigs.
When Leia Organa Solo was still a young princess of Alderaan, she was once forced to wear a wig after she deliberately cut her hair. Madame Vesta, headmistress of Alderaan Select Academy for Young Ladies, used to think it was improper for a princess to sport short hair. Years before, her mother Padmé Amidala had worn a wig adorned with a gold faceframe during her coronation ceremony.
Due to the mimetic nature of their art, actors and singers often wore wigs to help them slip into their roles. Wigs made those artists appear a different age or condition, but they sometimes were a question of mere fashion and taste.
Examples of wig wearers
- Attuma Duum
- Bria Tharen
- Karoly D'ulin (as "Senni Tonnika")
- Kell Tainer (as "Dissek")
- Lando Calrissian (as "Drebble")
- Leia Organa Solo
- Luke Skywalker (as "Korl Marcus")
- Marlo the Hutt
- Padmé Amidala
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Deadly Hands of Shon-Ju
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- "The Princess Leia Diaries"—Star Wars Tales 11
- Hammertong: The Tale of the "Tonnika Sisters"
- Star Wars 49: The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars 77: Chanteuse of the Stars...
- Star Wars 79: The Big Con
- Star Wars 107: All Together Now
- X-Wing: Iron Fist
- Rebel Dawn
- Planet of Twilight
- Ambush at Corellia (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Deadly Hands of Shon-Ju
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars 107: All Together Now
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Planet of Twilight
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "The Princess Leia Diaries"—Star Wars Tales 11
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars Galaxy Series 5
- ↑ Ambush at Corellia
- ↑ Star Wars 77: Chanteuse of the Stars...
- ↑ Rebel Dawn
- ↑ Hammertong: The Tale of the "Tonnika Sisters"
- ↑ X-Wing: Iron Fist
- ↑ Star Wars 79: The Big Con
- ↑ Star Wars 49: The Last Jedi
- Wig on Wikipedia