Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Wii is the sixth home video game console released by Nintendo.
In May 2006, when the Wii (formerly codenamed the Revolution) was officially unveiled at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, LucasArts made no comment on possible games for the console. A few months later at the annual Comic-Con convention however, Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm's director of content management answered a question at the Star Wars panel confirming that LucasArts planned to develop video games for all of the next-gen consoles.
The system is unique for its controller, the Wii Remote, which is motion sensitive and interactive. Fans have speculated that upcoming Star Wars games may take advantage of the console's unique motion sensing technology in its "Wii-mote" to simulate lightsaber duels. Jim Ward of LucasArts has said that internal prototype games using the Wii-mote to control lightsabers exist.
The console also allows the play of past games from Nintendo, and former competitors, consoles, through it's Virtual Console service. The Wii was also backwards-compatible, allowing gamers to play GameCube titles.
Released Star Wars games
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (November 2007)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (September 2008)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels (November 2008)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (September 2009)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (November 2010)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (March 2011)
- Super Star Wars (August 2009)
- Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (August 2009)
- Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (August 2009)