- "Those systems are beyond the Outer Rim, in Wild Space. Not on any map."
- ―Kanan Jarrus
Wild Space was the name given to a vast cluster of unknown star systems on the very edge of the galaxy's rim. It was located "off the edge of the map," where no one knew what was on the other side. In contrast, the so-called Unknown Regions were mapped but largely unexplored.
With the outbreak of the Clone Wars, a conflict that pitted the Galactic Republic against the Confederacy of Independent Systems, exploration of Wild Space considerably slowed down. After three years of war, the Republic emerged victorious. Its leader, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, anointed himself Emperor, replacing the democratic union with his own Galactic Empire. During the reign of the Empire, people started traveling across Wild Space again, and even the new government's Survey Corps took an interest in the furthest reaches of uncharted space. Consequently, the demand for maps of Wild Space increased, allowing cartographers to make a decent living by producing and selling them. Auric and Rhyssa Graf, a couple of married interplanetary explorers, spent fifteen years making maps of Wild Space, until they were captured by Captain Korda of the Imperial Navy.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ghosts of Mortis"
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Nest
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Dark
- "Orientation"—Star Wars Insider 157 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legends of the Lasat"
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure (Mentioned only)