Wild Space was the frontier of galactic society, separating the known parts of the galaxy from the Unknown Regions of the western half of the galactic disk, as well as the fringes of the Outer Rim Territories and the arms of the galaxy. The term had varied greatly over the years, encompassing all areas of partially explored or charted areas as known throughout various stages of galactic history.
The term "Wild Space" was first used in the Great Manifest Period when discussing the area of partially explored space to the "east" of the galactic core. This area, as it became settled, eventually became known as "the Slice." Over the years, different definitions of Wild Space evolved, dependent upon what was known or unknown to the broader galactic community at the time.
One of Palpatine's last acts was to open up much of the region to more extensive exploration. Wild Space differed from the Unknown Regions in that most of Wild Space had been explored, with established hyperspace routes, whereas the Unknown Regions remained almost entirely unexplored.
- Knights of the Old Republic 21: Daze of Hate, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
- Outbound Flight
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Clone Wars: Wild Space
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth (Mentioned only)
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison
- Shinbone Showdown
- Death Star
- Choices of One (Mentioned only)
- Underworld: The Yavin Vassilika
- "Command Decision"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- X-Wing: Starfighters of Adumar (Mentioned only)
- Specter of the Past
- Survivor's Quest (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill