- "Qui-Gon and I tracked a Jedi named Winso Bykart. It was our second trip to Ragoon-6."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
Winso Bykart was a Jedi Knight who served the Jedi Order during the waning years of the Galactic Republic. Bykart was a pilot who often ferried Master and Padawan pairs to the planet Ragoon VI for a traditional field exercise, where Bykart would go into hiding and the pair would try to track down their fellow Jedi. Around 32 BBY, one of these pairs were Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi; it was their second Ragoon VI trip together (the first trip, in 41 BBY, had been cut short when Qui-Gon received a disturbing Force vision about Jedi Master Tahl, whom he deeply cared for and immediately set out to rescue from the profound danger he'd perceived her to be in). Kenobi would later reflect on his time on Ragoon VI with Bykart while on a trip to the planet with his own learner, Anakin Skywalker, in 27 BBY.
Behind the scenesEdit
The character was first mentioned in Jedi Quest: The Trail of the Jedi, a young readers novel written by Jude Watson and published in 2002. Four years later, Bykart received an entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia. Neither mentioned the species or gender of Bykart.
- Jedi Quest: The Trail of the Jedi (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Jedi Quest: The Trail of the Jedi
- ↑ According to Jedi Quest: The Trail of the Jedi, Jinn and Kenobi had their second trip to Ragoon VI shortly before their mission to Naboo, which according to The New Essential Chronology took place in 32 BBY.
- ↑ Jedi Apprentice: The Death of Hope
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 99 ("Bykart, Winso")