Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- «4,000 credits ... only 4000. You look like you could use a break, kid. Sold.»
- Luke Skywalker: "I want to sell this speeder."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: "If we can get a fair price."
- Luke Skywalker: "Yeah. I paid twenty-four hundred for it, and I put a lot of work into it. I think it's worth a lot more."
- Wioslea: "Fifteen hundred is all I can offer you, human."
- Luke Skywalker: "Fifteen hundred? Look, this landspeeder's in great shape, even if it's not very pretty."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: "We can accept no less than two thousand."
- Wioslea: "Your grip on reality is fragile, humans. It's the newer models that are in demand now, not these old ones. I shall probably have to sell it at a loss."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: "But it's still not a fair price."
- Wioslea: "You touch a responsive chord in my... charitable nature, humans. Sixteen hundred."
- ―Wiosela negotiating the sale of Luke's landspeeder[src]
She bought Luke Skywalker's X-34 landspeeder for Spaceport Speeders, a local Mos Eisley company that bought and sold landspeeders and other vehicles. In order to finance the negotiated upfront fee for passage aboard the Millennium Falcon, Obi-Wan Kenobi used a Jedi mind trick to persuade Wioslea into paying 2,000 credits for the speeder, much more than it was worth.
Wioslea was also a gambler. Due to outstanding gambling debts, at the time of Jabba Desilijic Tiure's death, she owed him 1,000 credits. Wioslea was also able to speak many languages, including Bocce, Jawaese, and the Talz.
Behind the scenesEdit
The novelization says a "tall, slightly insectoid" male purchased Luke's landspeeder, but this individual is never named or described any further. It says he haggles with Luke and Obi-Wan but provides no details.
- Star Wars Journal: The Fight for Justice (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel
- Star Wars 2: Six Against the Galaxy
- Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force
- "Spare Parts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- Galaxy of Fear: Ghost of the Jedi
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley (First identified as Wioslea)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Spaceport Speeders)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Wioslea)
- Star Wars: Chronicles
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- "The Last Page"—Star Wars Insider 48
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 128 (Picture only)
- "Rogues Gallery: The Unusual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Insider 130