- "What is your command?"
- ―Wittin's B1 battle droid
Wittin was a barbaric male Jawa warlord whose large tribe profited from robbing travelers and committing other foul deeds like plundering moisture farms, earning him a place as the most feared ones on Tatooine.
- "These Jawas follow a leader called Wittin. They're not like other Jawas—they're mean."
- ―Kitster Chanchani Banai
For many years, inhabitants of Tatooine quaked in fear at the sight of his massive sandcrawler roaming the dunes until it was destroyed in a skirmish with Imperial troops, who were attacking sandcrawlers randomly in search for C-3PO and R2-D2. Jabba Desilijic Tiure offered to buy him a new sandcrawler if Wittin won his demolition contest.
Wittin became involved in a plot to kill Kitster Chanchani Banai sometime after 0 BBY. A slaver named Drik Bandrik, determined to destroy Kitster, tricked Wittin's tribe of Jawas into believing that he had stolen a droid from them. However, a spacer working for Kitster managed to kill the band of Wittin's Jawa enforcers before they could reach Mos Espa.
Years later, around 4 ABY, Wittin entered Jabba's demolition contest using a remote controlled B1 battle droid on a Trade Federation STAP, as he was not willing to risk his own neck. He added some upgrades to his vehicle, such as his Ion double blaster which immobilized the target and knocked it down, doing damage as well. In addition to this, his special weapon also relieved the target of any droid supporting it.
Later that year, Wittin was in Jabba's Palace while Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa attempted to rescue Han Solo from his carbonite prison. Around that time, he was plotting with Jabba to take control of a neighboring tribe's territory.
He was on board Jabba's sail barge, the Khetanna, during the Battle of the Great Pit of Carkoon. Though he himself was killed during the sailbarge's destruction, his terrorizing ways continued unabated.
Behind the scenesEdit
According to The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Jawas, Wittin's terrorizing ways continued, despite how The Official Star Wars Fact File 23 stated that he died during the skirmish at Carkoon. However, the article itself never explicitly stated Wittin himself survived. As a result, it is assumed both are canon.
Of note the article Who's Who in Jabba's Palace, published in Star Wars Insider 60, stated in Kalit's entry that Jabba's death forced Wittin and Kalit to solve their own problems with each other, despite how Wittin was established by Fact File issue 23 to have been killed when the Khetanna was destroyed, which was minutes after the Hutt's death.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Demolition
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Wittin) (First identified as Wittin)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Aved Luun)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Kalit)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Herat)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Wittin's sandcrawler)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Thedit)
- State of the Arts"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- Demolition: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Jawas"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- "Who's Who in Jabba's Palace"—Star Wars Insider 60
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 23 (JAW4, Jawas)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Join Us or Die (Card: Wittin)